Generic Namenda reduces the actions of chemicals in the brain that may contribute to the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease. Generic Namenda is used to treat moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
Active Ingredient: namenda
Availability: In Stock (52 packages)
Free standard Airmail shipping for all packages with price starting from $200.00
What is this medicine?
MEMANTINE reduces the actions of chemicals in the brain that may contribute to the symptoms of Alzheimer's disease.
Memantine is used to treat moderate to severe dementia of the Alzheimer's type.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
Do not use Memantine if you are allergic to memantine.
Before using Memantine, tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs, or if you have:
- epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
- liver disease;
- kidney disease; or
- a bladder or kidney infection.
- If you have any of these conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take Memantine.
FDA pregnancy category B. Memantine is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. It is not known whether Memantine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use Memantine without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take this medicine?
Take Memantine exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from Memantine.
Take this medicine with a full glass of water.
Memantine can be taken with or without food.
Do not mix the oral solution with any other liquids.
Rinse the empty oral syringe with clean water and allow it to air dry after every use.
Memantine XR capsules can be taken intact or may be opened, sprinkled on applesauce, and then swallowed. The entire contents of each Memantine XR capsule should be consumed.
Except when opened and sprinkled on applesauce, as described above, Memantine XR should be swallowed whole. Memantine XR capsules should not be divided, chewed, or crushed.
It is important to use Memantine regularly to get the most benefit. Get your prescription refilled before you run out of medicine completely.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, and is not causing harmful effects, doctor will need to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.
Store Memantine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the liquid medicine bottle tightly closed with the cap provided. Do not store the bottle with the oral syringe in it.
What if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your next regularly scheduled time. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What may interact with this medicine?
Before taking Memantine, tell your doctor if you are using any of the following drugs:
- cimetidine (Tagamet);
- nicotine (Commit, Habitrol, Nicoderm, Nicotrol, Nicorette);
- ranitidine (Zantac);
- quinidine (Cardioquin, Quinadex, Quinaglute);
- sodium bicarbonate (Alka-Seltzer, baking soda antacid home remedy);
- antiviral medication such as amantadine (Symmetrel) or rimantadine (Flumadine);
- cold or cough medicine that contains dextromethorphan;
- a diuretic (water pill) such as hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ, HydroDiuril, Hyzaar, Lopressor, Vasoretic, Zestoretic) or triamterene (Dyrenium, Maxzide, Dyazide);
- medicine to treat glaucoma, such as acetazolamide (Diamox), dichlorphenamide (Daranide), or methazolamide (Neptazane, MZM, Glauctabs); or
- an oral diabetes medicine that contains metformin (such as Fortamet, Glucophage, Actoplus Met, Avanda met, Metaglip, Glucovance).
This list is not complete and there may be other drugs that can interact with Memantine. Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.
What should I watch for while taking this medicine?
Memantine can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Memantine and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- cough, chest tightness, fever, trouble breathing;
- chest pain, fast heart rate;
- confusion, hallucinations;
- sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
- lack of coordination;
- fainting or seizure (convulsions);
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- pale skin, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision, trouble concentrating, chest pain, numbness, seizure).
Less serious side effects may include:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, loss of appetite;
- dizziness, tired feeling;
- weight loss;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fast heart rate;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;
- joint pain;
- anxiety, aggression;
- skin rash;
- redness or swelling of or around your eyes; or
- urinating more than usual.
Where can I keep my medicine?
Store Memantine at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
This is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments.
It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.